Shock Oil Refill
- Remove the shock from the bike and put it in a vice so that the Schrader valve was on bottom.
- Use a hand pump and pump a fair amount of air into it.
- Remove the Schrader valve and the oil will spooge out as the air expels.
- Repeat as necessary until empty.
- Turn the shock the other way in the vice. Then hook the Mityvac to the valve port with a small piece of tubing.
- Put a honking big vacuum on that port, and then pinch off the tubing with a hemostat or vice grips, near the shock.
- Remove the Mityvac and place that end in a container that holds the appropriate amount of shock oil. Release the hemostat and the shock will fill itself.
Prolink Zerk fittings
Prolink Shock Rebuild (courtesy of Pete Springer)