Clutch Won't Shift
You need to determine if it is going into gear and popping back out, or not shifting into gear at all.
- If it goes into gear and pops back out, you more than likely have a transmission that need to be rebuilt.
- If the problem is that it won't shift into gear at all:
- Check all of your external linkage to make sure the shift pedal moves all the way without contacting the alternator cover or peg bracket.
- Check that the exposed shaft on the left side moves in and out with an audible thud. This means the shaft OD is not corroded, and the shaft rotates freely.
- Also, there is a spring on the shift shaft arm behind the clutch. If this spring is broken, the arm does not contact the shift drum end cam, so moving the lever does not rotate the shift drum, like being stuck in gear.